Do you ever take a selfie video or selfie photo from a drone? If you haven’t taken a selfie, you can try it once. A drone can be used to take selfies, take photographs, shoot the videos, and can be used up to shoot films. I have another question to ask you. Do you like to buy a new drone? Sometimes you may be like, but most of the drones are expensive. There are some drones that you can buy at a low price than the others. From my article, I’ll tell you about the three drones that cost less than $500. These are the productions of the Dji company. Now it is time to see what are those three drones. They are,
- DJI Phantom 3 SE, (refurbished by DJI)
- DJI Spark.
- DJI Mavic mini.
there are links to buy those, and also there is a comparison at the bottom of this article. DJI is the best manufacturer of cinematic, Profesional and enterprise-level drones.
DJI Phantom 3 SE, (refurbished by DJI)
Back in days, this drone is a $600, but after the arrival of the Phantom 4 series, this drone discontinued. But in time of writing this article, DJI has left some Repurbuishd DJI phantom 3 SEs. Now it is $479 ( click this price tag for buy Refurbished DJI Phantom 3 SE fro office DJI site). This DJI Phantom 3 SE has refurbished by DJI from professional DJI workers. Accounting to DJI, this DJI Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned DJI products. And note that undergo DJI’ DJI’s stringent refurbishment process before being given for sale. There are some units returned due to technical issues before they put a DJI Certified Refurbished product up for sale. It goes from a process to make sure it meets DJI’s high standards.
Why this DJI phantom three special edition is excellent because this one has a 4k video camera, and that camera can take 12 megapixels in single phots. Also, this drone has four kilometers of max working range depending on your environment and local regulation. This drone has a maximum of 25 minutes of flight time and a maximum speed of 57 km of speed. Besides, this DJI drone has three-axis gimble for steady 4k video recording and Full HD video transmission for better flying. Look comparison for more details,
why this DJI phantom 3 Special Edition is better than the DJI Phantom 3 standard version.
- Phantom 3 SE – $599
- Phantom 3 Standard – $499
Weight (Battery & Propellers Included)
- Phantom 3 SE – 1236 g
- Phantom 3 Standard – 1216g
Max Flight Time – Approx. 25 minutes for both drone
- Phantom 3 SE has Downward Vision System
- Phantom 3 Standard has no Vision System
Camera Sensor – 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor for both drones
Effective pixels – 12 MP for both drones
Max. Video Recording Resolution
- Phantom 3 SE – 4K with 30 frames per seconds
- Phantom 3 Standard – 2.7K with 30 frames per seconds
Max Transmission Distance
- Phantom 3 SE – 4 KM
- Phantom 3 Standard – 1 KM
- Phantom 3 SE – 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz
- Phantom 3 Standard – RC Signal: 5.8G Liveview Signal: 2.4G
Please note that before you buy these refurbished products from DJI official site:
- these products go in full functionality testing, where any defective modules are replaced;
- these products will clean before it going to sale;
- these products are repacked before the purchase ( it will include appropriate manuals, parts) and also a new box;
- these will face Final Quality Assurance inspection before being given for sale;
- these refurbished products will go the same necessary testing procedures and are assessed with the same technical guidelines as brand new DJI products;
- These products may have small signs of wear and some minor scratches. Returns due to aesthetic conditions that do not affect product performance are not accepted.
DJI Spark is the second smallest drone by DJI before DJI Mavic mini.also, this is the best beginner drone from DJI . because it is compact, cheap and it has stabilized the 12-megapixel camera. When talking about the camera, this DJI spark camera can record full HD 1080p videos while flying 20 kilometers per hour speed, and it can record up to continuously 16 minutes. This drone has only two-axis gimbal. Because of that, some videos will be shakey.
This drone has no remote controller in the box. You have to buy it separately. If you dont purchase remote, you can use your palm to control this DJI spark, or you can you a smartphone as a remote. But there is a downside when using a smartphone as a remote. The drone and smartphone will connect using wifi. And wifi is a small range communication system. With a smartphone, you can fly this like 100 meters, and with remote control, you can fly this up to 2 KM of range
More about Spark…
This drone is just $339, and you can buy this clicking here. If you purchase drone only and you use hand gestures or smartphones for control, this is a great deal. But if you buy the drone with separate remote controller or DJI spark fly more combo, this is a bad deal. It will cost up to $649. You can buy a new DJI Mavic mini with fly more combo, and it is $449. It has many new features that spark does not have. If you want to read more about DJI Mavic mini, we have a dedicated article about it.
UPDATE – THIS IS NOW DISCONTINUED, you can buy DJI spark with amazon (link updated to amazon site)
DJI Mavic MINI
As I told before, we have a separate article about DJI Mavic mini. Read it for more info. There is brief info about DJI Mavic mini. What $400 DRONE can do, 12-megapixel camera with a Three-axis gimbal and up to 4km of flying range with HD video stram, 2.7k video up to 30fps and 1080p videos up to 60fps recording, including with remote controller. Also, this is the lightest and best-valued drone ever made by DJI. When talking about safety, this drone had two downside sensors only. There is no safety in front, back, or at the top, but this drone has a very durable drone.
Everyone knows this drone weighs just 249 grams, someone can think this drone unstable in the heavy wind because of its lightweight, but this drone very stable against a heavy wind. Also, remember that buyers won’t have to register it with the Federal Aviation Administration. This drone is just $399 with a remote controller. Also, you can buy DJI MAVIC MINI with fly more combo for $499. Click here to buy this from the official DJI site.
Let’s compare these great drones.
Camera (Photo mode)
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 12 megapixels
- DJI Spark – 12 megapixels
- DJI Mavic mini – 12 megapixels
Camera (Video mode)
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 4k video up to 30fps
- DJI Spark – 1080p videos up to 30fps
- DJI Mavic mini – 2.7k videos up to 30fps
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 3 axis gimbal
- DJI Spark – 2 axis gimbal
- DJI Mavic mini – 3 axis gimbal
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 4 kilometers
- DJI Spark – 2 kilometers
- DJI Mavic mini – 4 kilometers
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – up to 25 minutes
- DJI Spark – up to 16 minutes
- DJI Mavic mini – up to 30 minutes
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 56.2 kilometers per hour
- DJI Spark – 49.8 kilometers per hour
- DJI Mavic mini – 46.8 kilometers per hour
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – six thousand meters
- DJI Spark – four thousand meters
- DJI Mavic mini – three thousand meters
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – cannot find. Tell me if you found it
- DJI Spark – only Forward Obstacle Sensing: 20 centimeters to 5 meters
- DJI Mavic mini – no obstacle avoidance sensors in the front or back. there are two sensors in the bottom of the drone
- DJI Phantom 3 SE – 1236 grams
- DJI Spark – 300 grams
- DJI Mavic mini – 249 grams